Web Developer (Drupal)
Web Developer (Drupal)
3 month minimum commitment
Average hours p/week are flexible, as required to complete the project.
Web Project Team
To develop a new foodwatershelter website using open source CMS (drupal). The aim is to have the new site launched in approx 3 months. You will be part of a dedicated web production team, working alongside foodwatershelter's current web developer.
We’d like to include a publishing work-flow that will allow various administrators (authors, editors, site managers and other fws volunteers) to produce and publish content with minimal fuss.
- Develop new website in collaboration with fws current web developer
- Build easy to use CMS enabling update of all parts of the entire site by fws volunteers
- Build on-line store component with integrated PayPal payments system
- Build additional transactional/payments modules, with integrated PayPal payment system, for special fundraising drives, general donations, subscriptions, sponsorships and other such fundraising activities.
- collaborate with our web designer to work out a design that’s aesthetic, easy to navigate, accessible and practical to build within the time-frame.
- Bug testing, upload and live site publication
Lead Developer and Marketing Coordinator
Web Project team members (volunteers):
- Website Developer
- Marketing Volunteers
- Online Engagement
- Graphic Designer
key performance indicators
- Enquiries are answered within agreed timeframes.
- Attendance at project team meetings where required (Conference calls)
- Build site that satisfies both design and functional requirements
- Final Publication of a self-managing, scalable, dynamic website that allows fws to continue its outstanding work in its field
skills & requirements
- 3+ years PHP / MySQL development
- Experience using open source CMSs (Drupal, Wordpress)
- Experience developing modules for Drupal 6 / 7
- Experience theming Drupal 6 / 7
- CSS / HTML / jQuery with a passion for accessibility and usability
- Experience with e-commerce and PayPal online payments systems
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience using version control software (SVN, CVS, Git etc)
nice to have but not essential
- CSS3 / HTML 5 experience
- UX design and graphic design skills
- Linux administration experience
Are you the creative drupal guru we need?