social media volunteer
Social Media Volunteer
To increase the awareness of fws by actively encouraging online engagement from members within the organisation and those in the wider community.
To participate regularly on social media to unite a community and help build bigger brighter futures for kids.
- To frequently and regularly post and share content across fws social media accounts
- Research, propose and action new features, processes and activities that can improve user interface and increase fws’s traffic across all relevant social media channels
- Develop a social media and marketing strategy that
- enables the effective, regular, sustained sharing of fws information across social media platforms.
- improves engagement with the online community
- increases our number of followers and grows awareness of fws, and
- strenghtens the fws brand.
- Increase engagement and participation of members of fws community members and supporters on social media platforms. This includes getting conversations going about issues relevant to our mission via engaging content.
- Promote content that is engaging to the wider interested community.
- Provide regular reports to the fws board on social media activities and assess on an ongoing basis information relevant to successfully building the fws online community
- Keep abreast of fws activities
Key performance indicators
- Increasing engagement of fws audience on social media channels
- Assisting in driving fundraising campaigns on social media, and supporting other fws fundraising activities via promotion across social media
- Monthly reporting to the fws board, providing analysis of performance, aligning this to our social media strategy
- Demonstrate adherence to fws values.
2-4 hours per week
12 months minimum commitment
Skills & requirements
- A love of social media and online networking
- Understanding of social media strategy and up to date with current trends
- Marketing/media background
- Experience in similar positions at other organisations, desired but not essential
- Ability to work in team spread across Australia and internationally (efficiency in online comms inc Email, Skype)
- Excellent social media skills
- Excellent communication and strategic planning skills
Sounds like your kind of thing?
If you'd like to use your online skills to help us make a difference then we'd love to meet you.
Please fill out our Volunteer Placement Form
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org